STEP is an extension of Ohio State’s commitment to the student experience and provides an opportunity for education beyond the classroom. Students participating in STEP have the opportunity to submit a proposal for a fellowship of up to $2,000 to use towards a STEP Signature Project.
STEP Into Your Second Year
The Second-year Transformational Experience Program (STEP) is a one-of-a-kind opportunity created to enhance your success as a second-year student at The Ohio State University. Through interaction with a STEP Faculty Mentor and a small group of peers, you will have the opportunity to engage in a truly transformational experience across the course of your second year. Fall semester is focused on community building, goal setting, personal growth and identity exploration through engaging discussions and activities. In the spring semester, your Faculty Mentor will guide you through the process of crafting a proposal for a STEP Signature Project.
"STEP connected me to a wonderful faculty member, new friendships, and parts of the world I never though I'd get to explore."
- Shana Parker
Why Should I Join?
- Develop a meaningful relationship with a faculty mentor on campus.
- Meet weekly with other second-year students and your faculty mentor to build community within a cohort.
- Find ways to enhance your personal, academic, career and life goals.
- Receive a fellowship of up to $2,000 to engage in a STEP Signature Project in one or more of the following areas: community service and servicelearning, education abroad, internships, leadership, undergraduate research or creative/artistic endeavors.
How Do I Find Out More?
- Visit step.osu.edu, call 614-247-STEP (7837) or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attend an information session on campus.
- Indicate your interest in STEP when completing your housing reselection form in the spring semester.
- Read about past participants’ STEP Signature Projects at u.osu.edu/step